Board of Governors’ Approved Timeline
July 2020 – October 2020
Conduct a review of the financial stability of System universities assuming the continuation of present operations and potential university integrations
October 2020 - April 2021
Develop an integration plan or plans for candidate integrations identified by the review
April 2021 – July 2021
Submit integration plan or plans for public comment (April 2021) and submit integration plan for final approval by the Board (July 2021)
July 2021 - August 2022
Implement university integrations. First integrated class would enter Fall '22
Timeline Actions To-date
- Board of Governors directs the Chancellor to pursue university integrations
- Mansfield University and Lock Haven University to explore university integrations; Financial stability review commences.
- University financial review teams are composed. For Mansfield University: President, VPAA, VPAF, APSCUF President, and Director of Marketing and Communications.
- University financial review teams conduct ongoing assessments of a combined academic array, business practices and organizational structures
- University integrations addressed and updated at the President's annual State of the University address.
- Bloomsburg University added to the exploration with Mansfield University and Lock Haven University.
- University financial review teams continue assessments of a combined academic array, business practices and organizational structures
- University Forum on University Integrations hosted by Mansfield University President Charles Patterson and Student Government Association President Tony Mastroianni
- University financial review teams for Northeastern universities continue assessments of a combined academic array, business practices and organizational structures
- The Board of Governors expected to affirm the ongoing institutional integrations process and authorize the Chancellor to proceed with the development of appropriate integration plans for review by the Board in 2021.
- Working Group Leads are finalized and Sub-groups are created and membership identified.
- Working Groups and Sub-Groups begin meeting and working on their respective charges.
- A University Forum for Alumni and the Community was hosted by Mansfield University President Charles Patterson with Mansfield University Alumni Association Treasurer Adam Loehr ’09, '11, and closing comments from retired MU Sports Information Director and Mansfield Borough Council Member Steve McCloskey ’91. A recording of the University Forum is available under the Forums tab of the integrations page.
- Updates on integrations are provided by President Patterson along with representatives from each Working Group during the bi-weekly Executive Cabinet meetings that are open to university employees. Updates will continue at future Executive Cabinet meetings.
- PASSHE Chancellor Dan Greenstein and the three Presidents of the Northeast integration hold Town Hall meetings with more than 200 combined university, community, and government stakeholders at each campus. A recording of the Mansfield Town Hall is available under the Forums tab of the integrations page. Highlights of the three Town Halls were shared with local and region media.
- Working Groups submit Priority 1 and Priority 2 recommendations.